expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Meet Libby!


Hey all,
I’m Libby Auliff (Carstens). I absolutely love everything that has to do with health/fitness/wellness. Whether it be recipes, workouts or supplements, I am a fitgeek!
I’m 27 years old and a mother of 3 beautiful little girls. My oldest are twins, Olivia and Isabella who are 3 1/2 and Breanna who just turned 2. Busy Busy!! I am a part time Massage Therapist at Durant Chiropractic Clinic in Durant, IA. The majority of my income comes from AdvoCare which is a health and wellness company that has supplements for Energy, Sports Performance, Weight Management and Overall Wellness. I’ve been an Advisor for almost 3 years and don’t know where I’d be with out them in every sense of the word.
So a little background about me. I’m born and raised near Walcott, Ia with very humble beginnings. Awesome parents and the youngest of my brother Jake, and sis Katrina. I loved playing sports and actually played volleyball through college. The week before I decided to play in Des Moines, my mom got diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. It was a hard blow so I decided I couldn’t be that far away and stayed and worked. She passed away November 3, 2006, just after a 9 month battle. Everything changed after that. I just turned 21 and was kind of lost in the world. Looking back I never really dealt with her death as well as I should have. She wrote me a letter about the day I was born and that she was proud of me but a few things that stuck out were, “you like to exercise, keep doing that because it makes you feel good” Sweat the small stuff. I love to exercise and think about the people that aren’t able to. Exercise doesn’t have to be an hour of punishment to get your body skinnier. It should be a honor that your heart is beating and lungs are moving in and out to support that beautiful body and to make it work as best and easy as possible.
I apologize in advance because I have never done any blogging and I’m going to try to be as “real” as possible. I want everyone to know my struggles with food, my body, etc, so others can relate and get through their own issues whatever that may be.
So anyways, more about my family. I have 3 daughters that are really my purpose in life. Everything I do is to make their lives better and give them every opportunity that is possible for them. I am recently divorced last year so A LOT has changed for myself as well as the girls. We all still have a good relationship and shared custody so when they’re with Dad, I’m working AdvoCare or massaging.
AdvoCare is a nutritional company that helps men, women and children, look and feel their best. AdvoCare’s slogan We Build Champions isn’t a lie. I feel better about myself, have met the most amazing people that have a contagious outlook about life on my their terms and are willing to work hard to get there, physically, mentally, and spiritually. You can find more leaders in AdvoCare than any other company. It actually scared me when I first saw AdvoCare. I sent an email to a local Advisor and their happiness frightened me...Why were they so happy? Was the heck is a mixer? And what is Spark? I was so taken back I never wrote her back and ended up meeting Linda Flockhart at The Women’s Health and LIfestyle Fair who came over and planted a seed of hope in my heart. A seed that grew and thoughts of freedom where helping people lose weight and make extra income would be the door to every dream I’ve ever had.
Some of my dearest friends are ones I’ve met through AdvoCare and even if I wasn’t involved in the business I would still want to be involved in a company where everyone is truly happy for one another’s success and has raised me up to the strong, independent woman that I am today. AdvoCare as a company to an outsider is too good to be true but I can say wholeheartedly I owe them so much. I believe God put this company in my life so I can help others change theirs. There is nothing better than someone calling me and telling me they lost their baby weight and can fit in jeans they haven’t worn in years or they have the energy to keep up with all the crazy things mommas have to do.
So that’s the down low about me. If anyone has any questions email me at elizabethcarstens@hotmail.com
My plan with this blog is to post once a week about a fitness topic, share a recipe that’s quick and have the ingredients already in their kitchen, a workout that’s short (30 min) and will have you sweating while the kids are napping. Also since I love me some AdvoCare, share one of my favorite products and how it can help in your life. Thank you for taking the time to read this because who knows what mom has time to sit!!
Watch for the next post and have a great weekend!!
 God Bless, Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment