expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 14, 2013

10 Reasons why I love being a QC mama! (-Carly)

10. Did you know that when I lived in Florida (while I was pregnant and for the first few months after my son was born), I would frequently get doors slammed in my face OR get ZERO help from people when I definitely could have used a friendly smile, help holding the door open while pushing a bulky stroller, or juggling a newborn along with a full grocery cart. YEP, lots of ppl averted their eyes or just plain didnt care. When I moved to the QC, the first thing I noticed was the good manners of both women and men who were willing to wait for the pregnant woman to waddle through the door OR help her get through a small door opening with a big stroller. KUDOS QC! I love the helpful friendly people of the QC!!

9. Niabi Zoo! Seriously, we have an awesome zoo just steps away from the QC. It is reasonably priced with great animals to see.

8. Freight House Farmers Market. The Saturday market during the Summer is always hoppin with tons of vendors, yummy food, and most of the time, lots of fun stuff for the kiddos to do. I have seen a clown doing animal balloons, a petting zoo, pumpkin painting, and other arts and crafts...plus there is a huge park in the middle of it for the bigger kiddos to unleash some of their energy while you pick up some local goodies.

7. As a beer drinker and beer LOVER, I can say I was pleasantly suprised at how many breweries are here in the QC. My favorite being Front Street Brewery in Davenport...bc they also have amazing bar food and it is VERY family friendly. Other breweries to check out include Great River, Granite City, and Blue Cat.

6. The QC is very family friendly. Because of this, there are great places to meet other moms and dads so your lil ones can meet some friends and book some playdates. There are at least 2 active Moms/Parents group in the Quad cities that offer great activities whether its hanging at the park with other moms and their kiddos or a playdate at someones house.

5. The John Deere Pavilion
Seriously, this place saves me when I dont have any plans for my son and I know he needs to get out of the house and run around for a bit during the winter. He loves to see the tractors and climb around.

4. The Children's Museum....they are in the middle of renovations but dont let that stop you from visiting. They have a HUGE water table and other new additions since Summer time. It is good for all ages and the best thing is that it doesnt usually get too crazy busy (unless you go on Free days of course)

3. Gyros! Yep, I'm serious. I have found some great gryros places here in the QC. My top 3 being Dr Gyros, Olive Tree, and Uncle Pete's YUUUUMMMMY!

2. Putnam Museum...Great for the older kids in my opinion, although my son did enjoy the dinosaur exhibit. Lots of exhibits to see and does a great job at making science and history FUN!

1. Iwireless Center...This venue has attracted many big name musicians and shows. Just to name a few...there is Disney on Ice, Rascal Flatts, Journey, Maroon 5, and the Harlem Globetrotters. Take this from someone who used to LOVE the hustle and bussle of the big city of Chicago. The Iwireless Center is a great alternative for having to drive all the way to Chicago to see your favorite band or take your kids to see a show. Less traffic, reasonable prices, and way less crowded. Yes, please!




1 comment: