expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Florida-by Lindsay

Lucky us, we got to go to the beautiful Jensen Beach, Florida a couple weeks ago for my cousins wedding and a little fun in the sun. I really almost didn't come back ! Hello 80 degrees and sunny!!!! Tell me why on earth do I not live there? That is the question I ask myself every time I visit somewhere warm and beautiful, or it is snowing, or cold....oh Iowa, how I do not love your winter weather!

We visited the Jensen Beach, it was absolutely breath taking. The sand had so many shells, it entertained the kids for hours on end. The water was crystal blue...I wish I could put that serenity in a bottle and bring it home! We saw man-of-wars for the first time too. These a weird little blue, squishy, jelly fish just laying on the sand. Apparently they are pretty dangerous, so that kept us out of and away from the water some days. We had enough toys and sand to stay and play for days, so that was no big deal.

The wedding was beautiful and so much fun! There was so much family who were able to attend from all over the country. I loved being able to spend time with them and to be able to spend time with my siblings as well. My brother is still in high school and my sister is married and lives in Arizona, so these family times are few and far between. My Mom was so amazing, she rented this great house so we could all stay together. We couldn't have asked for more. The house had a pool and a hot tub so my kids slept well every night to say the least! We went to several great restaurants and got to try shark and alligator...the shark was good, the alligator is not something I will venture to do again.

My children were amazingly well behaved the entire trip, but I was just shocked how well they did on the planes (thank goodness!). Four plane rides and they were thrilled each time just like it was the first ride. Thanks so snacks and a few toys/electronics we rarely heard a peep. The exception to this was our third plane ride, the first flight on the way home, my three year old was saying the most hilarious things and asking all kinds of questions. The people around us were all laughing so hard. One of the good ones was "Mommy, who's flying the plane, the pirates?" oooh, the places a three year olds mind go!

Well here are a few photos of our trip, hope you get to enjoy a great trip like this too! Do you have any fun travel plans???

                                                                    My little missy

                                                                  My sister and the boys
                                                                 My favorite 3 people
                                                             See ya later Florida...

No comments:

Post a Comment