expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, March 1, 2013

Health Nut..Or just plain nuts.. (Libby)

Health Nut..Or just plain nuts..

I’d like to be real today..So everyone sees me as this health nut and maybe I am but I really don’t label myself as that. I just eat the food that makes me feel the best and according to my goals. Don’t get me wrong ..I LOVE FOOD..let me say that again..I LOVE FOOD..any food.  Not picky at all. 3 kids means always on the go and I won’t lie, sometimes we have to go through the drive thru..French fries..seriously I could make it a food group. BUT... I don’t eat them. I look at them and this is how I changed my views on eating “the bad stuff”. Every food, every meal, every time I am tempted. It’s hard. Are those fries going to get me to my goal and make me feel comfortable in my swim suit in 2 months?...unfortunately no. It’s not worth it..It’s JUST food. It’s hard to always think before you eat something. I indulge of course but I’m saying this is how I have to look at food otherwise I give it too much power over me. I used to be and sometimes still think..I don’t want to waste that, I feel bad I didn’t finish my plate, just one won’t hurt, I deserve this chocolate, goals? what goals?..I’ll start Monday..
It’s a battle everyday with the “other” girl inside me that wants to eat all those Hershey’s Kisses from Valentine’s Day. Come on. Carmel ones?! Really?!

I think we get so hung up on food that it takes over..What’s my next meal? How many carbs are in it? Seriously who cares! I despise counting calories. My Motto..If it goes bad, eat it, If it has a shelf life than more than a week or two, don’t eat it. Because there’s something in it that’s not natural keeping it from going bad. Eat for the body you want, not the body you have. Move your body. You don’t have to do go all out and join a gym and pay hundreds of dollars. Find something that you enjoy and do it..A LOT..

I am so proud of my sister. She just joined Kosama because she needed something that would be drastic and make her accountable..I absolutely love hearing how much she enjoys it. She used to make fun of me for all the different workouts I did. Now she’s excited. Don’t think you’re not “that person” that works out. Be the best you there is. I honestly love the feeling of accomplishing something that only I did. My body is so important and that doesn’t make you selfish or vain. I think as a mom, or even as a woman sometimes you get stuck in this persona and never get to do things for ourselves. I know I’m such a better mom when I feel good about myself and strong and confident. I think I am awesome..I literally grew a life in my belly and pushed it out. There is just something awe-inspiring thinking about that. If you can do that, You can do anything! 
What I’m trying to say is we need to care more about what we do with our body because honestly we only get one. Why not make it as strong as possible. You just may surprise yourself. I doubt you will be mad when you have to go shopping for smaller jeans. I’m really not sure what this post was about but it has been on my heart and had to share:) 

This recipe is one of the best chicken recipes I've ever had. It makes the most tender chicken that falls apart, the kids love it and it's EASY!
Crock Pot Angel Chicken
Total Time: 4hr, 10 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 4hrs
Servings: 6
Ingredients:
6 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup butter
1 (1 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
1/2 cup white wine (may substitute water or broth)
4 ounces cream cheese with chives and onions
angel hair pasta (cook according to box directions)
Directions:
1. Place the chicken in crock pot.
2. Melt butter in a saucepan.
3. Stir in Italian salad dressing mix, can of soup, cream cheese & wine(or water or broth). Pour over chicken.
4.Cook on low in the crock pot for 4-5 hours.
5.Pour over cooked angel hair pasta or other noodles or rice. Enjoy!
Workout for Week 1-March 1
I get soo bored with any workout after about the 2nd or 3rd time so I’m always doing something different. Whether it be running with a friend, going to a class, going for a bike ride, a DVD or lifting, I have to mix it up. So I know you some of you guys have heard of “Deck of Cards” workout. Basically you take a deck of cards..Imagine that..anyways you assign each suite to a different exercise and whatever number on that card is the number of reps you do of that particular exercise. Face cards and aces are 10. Also if it’s a joker I do 50 jumping jacks or 1 min plank.
It comes out to doing 85 reps of each exercise..not too shabby for 30 min!
For example this was mine the other day.
Spades- Push ups
Hearts- Kettlebell Swings
Clubs-Single Leg Lunge with dumbbells
Diamonds- Burpees...eww I Know 
Other examples of exercises to do
*Squats
*Planks---Whatever number I add a 0 and that’s how many seconds I do.. so 5..you will do a 50 sec plank, 10 would be a 100 sec plank. It comes out to over 14 min of planking so switch it up and do side planks, on elbows and hands, also holding a plank and lifting your leg up...good stuff..:)
*Deadlifts
*Squat Jumps
*Jumping Jacks
  • Tricep Dips
  • Curls
The possibilities are endless and honestly if you push hard it doesn’t take more than 30-40 minutes. Get your kids involved..I’ll be honest, sometimes it’s frustrating because they want to be on you but it’s better than doing nothing. 
I put a timer on for 30 min and usually I can get it done. It’s good to have this first of all so you’re not sitting there taking too long of a break and also it gives you a little competition with yourself. I always am trying to beat the time and even my daughters love to do it and flip the card. I just noticed yesterday how much they really observe and listen. They get down and try to do push ups and planks and it makes me proud that I’m being that healthy role model for them. One tip is shuffle the deck good because it really is not fun doing 38 burpees in a row...This workout is great because you can tailor the exercises to your level but if you feel like it’s too easy, throw in a exercise you hate doing because honestly those are the ones we need to do the most and work the best. 
I hope you enjoy it and love to hear back what you assign to your workout! :)

The AdvoCare product spotlight is Spark. It is an energy that is unlike any other you will ever try. It has vitamins and minerals not found in other drinks and with no crash or jitters you will have 3-5 hours of clean energy and mental focus. There’s only as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. 7 Flavors and 3 new flavors in a variety box! I’d love to share a free sample with you.
Email me or Facebook message me with the subject..Sample me!

Watch for a GIVEAWAY next week!! :) 

Thanks for your time, have a great weekend!
Libby

No comments:

Post a Comment