expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The next book you should pick up!!! -Carly Morris, TCOT founder/owner



If you have read this book, then you know what I'm talking about! I absolutely loved this book and could not put it down. I would consider myself an avid reader, I am always looking for my next favorite book. Well let me tell ya, this book did not disappoint. In short, its narrated by a sassy/spunky teenage girl who is dying of cancer and her love story with another teenager who happens to be a cancer-survivor.
Their story is quirky and artsy fartsy and adorable. The character's wit and charm make you fall in love with them.

It is true that this book is categorized as a YA (young adult novel). Don't let that deter you!!! It has eloquent writing and really tugs at the heart strings. I would also go as far to say that this book provoked deeper thinking about death and dying....it did for me anyway.

Warning, this book will most likely make you cry. Like probably sob. Like probably that ugly cry/sob.
I actually read and amazon review of someone who said he was a teenage boy and he said this book made him cry. So buyer beware.

The author, John Green is a great author that has some other popular books available. I had to know more about him after I finished reading this book so I did a little digging. He actually wrote this book with someone in mind. His inspiration was this 16yr old girl, he randomly met at a Harry Potter Fan Conference with his brother. This girl had thyroid cancer and he kept in sporadic touch. Ready more about that here!!! (warning there might be some spoilers in that interview) The girl who inspired this book actually has a book of her very own. Find out about that here. I am thinking it might be a good follow up read for me since I just recently finished the book.

Another exciting thing about this book is that they are adapting it into a movie due out this Summer. I'm hoping that they do this story justice because it definitely has been added to my list of favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment