expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome Sherri, our Design Guru!

                                                       Welcome Sherri, our Design Guru!





Hi Everyone.  I am so excited to be a contributing blogger for The Cherry on Top.  I'm Sherri, let me jump right in and tell you a bit about myself.  My love for design started early when I would look through home decor catalogs for hours and continually rearrange my bedroom.  It continued as I went to college at the Scott Community College and Black Hawk College before transferring to The Illinois Institute of Art in Schaumburg where I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design.

            I was excited to get my first design job at a company called Business Office Systems that specialized in commercial/office space planning and was a furniture dealer.  I moved onto other jobs in flooring and store planning before returning to BOS and worked as a team leader of the design team; I took the NCIDQ exam and became a licensed Interior Designer.....

FAST FORWARD to 2010 when my first babe was born and I decided to trade in the CAD drawings for bottles and diapers full time...well, maybe not full time.  I was blessed to have to opportunity to work from home with my company which typically involves working during the night after the little ones go to bed.  Little ONES is right, in 2012 we welcomed our second little babe; now our hands are full with two girls and a dog.  My husband has such a soft heart for these two little girls.  There is just something about seeing a daddy with their daughters, am I right?  Melts my heart.


We just sold our first home that we put so much blood, sweat and tears into and just before Christmas moved into a house that was built in the 70s that is...well from the 70s!  We love working out house projects and there will be lots of those in the coming months.  Stay tuned for transformations and a little bit of everything else!

1 comment: