expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Welcome our Hair Wizard, Krista!! Quad City Hairstylist

           First of all, I want to thank Lindsay and Carly for asking me to write about my passion of what's happening in the hair world. Before I dive right in on my blog post, I'd like to introduce myself a little.

        My name is Krista and I work for Havoc Hair Salon in Davenport and own Simply Bronze Airbrush Tanning. In 2010, I married my best friend and we have two wonderful kids. Currently, I work four days a week in the salon while owning a spray tan business on the side. When not working, I love to hang out with my family, shop, and work out. I am a native to the Quad Cities and have been a hair stylist for almost 9 years. My passion is all things related to fashion which include hair, makeup, and clothes; and I look at fashion as a form of art. I pride myself on knowing the latest trends, and strive to be one step ahead on what's the next hot trend. That's exactly why I couldn't be more excited to share my knowledge with my readers.

         Ok, enough about me. I mean the real reason you are reading this is to learn all about things related to hair and beauty, right? As someone who is in the fashion world, I always watch what is happening at Fashion Week. I was lucky enough to be able to attend Fashion week in 2011 and let me tell you how inspiring that was! I sat across the aisle from Joan Rivers and Kelly Osbourne . I won't go into too much detail on that because what Joan was wearing could be its own blog article.

         Fashion Week around the world is an insight as to what trends are not only at the present time but a predictor of what's to come. The designers of not only the clothes but also the make up/hair are a preview of where fashion is headed in the next couple of years.
       Think Ombre !!! I first started doing that trend several years agao and it is still so hot! This was first spotted on the runway in 2010!
                                                            
      When watching the runway at Fashion Week for Spring 2014, I see another trend happening. Now, it isn't everyone wearing ombre, it is that the hairstyles are getting shorter. No more super long hair that takes you forever to blow dry, and only someone with super thick hair can pull off (without the help of extensions). Take a look at the leaders in fashion as celebrities. Jennifer Aniston, Pamela Anderson, Miley Cyrus, and Charlize Theron are among the celebrites to cut their hair to a shorter length. Now i'm not saying you should all go cut your hair to Miley's style. I'm just saying that everything is starting to go up.

       If you have long hair and are ready for a change, cut it to your collar bone. I honestly think that will be the "new" long length. Plus its a very flattering length on anyone. If you aren't ready to cut your hair-all types of fringe are still hot. Rachel Zoe changed up her long locks, by adding front fringe. They don't call bangs the cheapest form of Botox for nothing! They can not only change your look but hide any unwanted wrinkles. When going with full fringe, ask your stylist to compliment with long layers.
                                                    

        Another thing to remember! Changing your part is a must with longer hair! If you don't have a nasty cowlick standing in your way, I suggest switching your part every few days. Remember, change is good!

       An edgy bob can be curled, worn straight, or tousled. No more stacked diagonal forward cuts. Those are out. Instead go for a layered bob. One side longer or one side behind the ear to give your look an edge. Adding some color in front or on the ends is "in" too.



     Those that dare to go short. ROCK IT! You cant go too short, even having the side shaved is a "do" right now. I love seeing a woman confidant enough to rock a pixie cut. Want to add some real zest? Rock a platinum pixie cut. I personally love that short hair is back in.

      Quick change of gears, my current product obsession is PUREOLOGY Color Fanatic Multi Tasking Hair Beautifier. It's literally an all in one spray. You name it, it does it! Great for those minimalists who don't like to wear a lot of product. Everyone benefits from this product whether you color your hair or not. I highly encourage you to try it!


                           Make 2014, your best year yet! Go for that change you've always wanted but didn't know if you could pull it off. A good stylist will tailor the cut to fit your face shape so don't be afraid of change. Until next month, stay fashionable.


No comments:

Post a Comment