expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Trip to Florida -Carly

So Lindsay and I totally didnt plan it this way, but my family took a trip to Florida a week after Lindsay had gone...different cities but warm nonetheless.

The hubs, kids, and I decided it was time to make the trip back to Fort Myers, FL to see old friends/family, get some sun, and RELAX! We havent been back to Florida since our son was 3mo old (he is now 2.5yrs old) so we had lots of catching up to do.
We kept it a low key vacation with no plans set in stone. This help set the tone of zen and relaxation rather than rushing to get things done or get the kids ready. We went to the pool almost everyday, visited the beach, did lots of shopping (too many good outlet shops!), lots of eating and visiting with friends!

The MIL (mother in law) lives in the condo that we stayed in while we lived down there so thankfully, we had a place to stay that was already baby proofed...although her chihuahua is NOT exactly baby friendly (thank goodness my kids still have all their fingers and toes).

My kids love the SAND, WATER, and the elevator buttons...yep, you read that right...It was a cinch to get MJ out the door by merely mentioning the elevator and pushing the button. SCORE 1 for the parents!



Here are the highlights from our trip:

-Seeing MaryBeth (and her sweet lil baby bump) and Adam and see them intereact with MJ. They were his first baby sitters EVER! The hubs and I had NO family in Florida when we lived there so these two were the next best thing. We are so lucky to have them as friends! They are going to be phenomenal parents!
Oh and Adam cooks a mean pork chop...mmmm!

-Visiting with my old coworkers (fondue with teachers/counselor friends AND chik fil A with my old child welfare cm friend) It was just like old times...except now we are older and don't drink as much (haha)

-Meeting up with an old student that was close to my heart. She has grown into a very mature and responsible adult. It brought tears to my eyes to see how far she has come!

-Watching my kids play at the beach and in the water at the pool

-Eating the best BBQ at Sonny's BBQ ( I miss that place)

Good times Good people Great Trip









No comments:

Post a Comment