expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday, March 15, 2013

Comparison is the Thief of joy... (Libby)



People are obsessed with what they weigh..Honestly who cares? I weigh..drumroll......153!! I said it! 1-5-3 and proud. I birthed 3 babies. Pretty much invincible. Like any woman that is pregnant and gives birth to a mirable. Yes, I’m not exactly toned as I would like but it’s okay. I think when I stopped worrying about things and becoming the most comfortable in my own skin was after kids. Well that’s when all modesty goes out the window anyways isn’t it? The doctor and staff of nurses were there when the girls were born and you know at “that” point it doesn’t matter what’s hanging out, coming out, peeing, pooping, whatever...(sorry for the imagery) just get that kid out!!!
Also, I stopped comparing myself to others. Everyone has a different body type, metabolism, eating habits, chemistry, allergies, etc. I mean, I wish all my booty would migrate to my boobs but that’s not happening so I’ll have to deal with it. Ok, I don’t judge anyone’s body, big, little, short, tall. I look at their character as a person. It’s not really fair when a girl talks about another girl and says, oh she’s so skinny, what a “bleep”. Why do we do that to each other? Ya know, I work my ass off..literally for my body. I don’t get to indulge in the foods I want because that’s not going to get me to my goal. And really you can make ANY food into a somewhat healthy meal with a little creativity and Pinterest. :) So why do girls hate on others they really want to look like? If you want it, you can do it, but don’t complain when you didn’t do the work to get there.
I feel like these posts are more rants but I believe we are so strong that drama and jealously get in the way. If you can honestly be happy where you are, but want to be a different size then try this. It worked for me. Ok, stand in front of the mirror naked...eeek..scary. This is pretty honest stuff for me right here. So I went through a divorce this past year and didn’t realize how much stress there was until I caught myself in the mirror naked and I was like WHOA! Where did all that extra stuff come from back there? It doesn’t take long for me to lose muscle tone if I don’t watch it. A couple months of falling in love and comfortable eating out later and this happened. I wasn’t happy until one day it had to change. AdvoCare is my business and if people don’t see me healthy, how am I supposed to help others get healthy? So I had to stand in the mirror and say..I love myself and what this body has done. I’m not going to binge eat and workout like a maniac and think that will help. It took a couple months to get to look like this so it may take just as long for it to come off. So I tried a whole different mind set. I wasn’t just running/working out to lose weight. But just to literally be nice to me emotionally, physically and mentally. Just try it to look in the mirror and say, “I love you” and I’m going to do everything to make you(body) feel, look the best I can. Just like what you would do for your children. It will make a huge difference. Then take a picture as much as you don’t want to from a few different angles. It’ll give you a new perspective on your goals and what’s realistic for you. Then get something for motivation. I just finished one of AdvoCare’s 24 Day Challenges and lost 6 lbs and a dress size! Down to a size 6 and feel amazing. So last night I ordered a Victoria’s Secret swimsuit in a size smaller than what I’d usually wear...Motivation at it’s finest. Also I bought a 40 lb dumbbell and I was pretty excited about it...I’m weird..FitGeek for sure. But it’s the challenge of what I can to  do to get to my next goal that is really exciting and how better I’ll feel when I accomplish it.
So this week’s workout is easy. Circuits again. If you have some sort of weight..Even a child will do...
Set a timer for 30 min and do
1 min plank(on elbows)
1 set of 15 squats
1 set of 15 kettle bell swings
Lay on back and do 1 min of bridge (lifting butt up in the air)
10 push ups.
Do as many rounds as you can. Start with 3-4 and go up as you get more endurance.
I started with a 20 lb kettlebell and it got too easy and I wasn’t getting sore so I bought a 40 lbs dumbbell.


Recipe
Mini Meatloaf
1 lb ground chicken or turkey
1 egg
I cup Mozzarella Cheese
A little coarse sea salt

McCormick Gourmet Seasoning Mix(Garlic and White Wine Chicken Scaloppine)
Whatever kind of veggies you like. I use bell peppers, celery, avocado, etc
Mix in a bowl and put into muffin tins..I actually used the silicon ones from the dollar section of Target. No stick means less dishes and they keep their moisture as well.
I sprinkle cheese on top as well and they get a nice crunchy top. The girls eat them and get their veggies too.
I love the McCormick Seasoning! It gives it soo much more flavor without having a ton other ingredients on hand!
Bake at 375 for 30 min or until inside is done.
Enjoy!
Other ideas I like is to put salsa in them and give them a kick.

Dessert!!! I LOVE THIS ONE!
Ok I have our AdvoCare Muscle Gain which is our protein. We have Vanilla and Chocolate and I get a canister of vanilla and make sooo many different things other than just shakes.

So I cut up 1-2 apples (leave skins) and put them in a glass dish. I use one scoop or two depending on servings. I just do one because it turns out so good I would eat it all! Anyways one scoop of protein powder into a separate dish with one cup Old Fashioned Oats and 1/4 cup slices almonds or walnuts. A tsp of cinnamon and Add milk until it’s an oatmeal consistency. Then pour honey over all of it. Probably at least 1/4 cup.  Pour it over top of apple and pour a little more milk into the bottle of the pan so it doesn’t burn and Bake for 20-30 min on 350..Ok yum. When it comes out it tastes like baked oatmeal. I made some and put it in the fridge over night. The next day it tasted even better. Exactly like apple pie filling with out the crust! No sugar, no flour, sooo easy and I have also tried this and it’s honestly successful with any fruit. I have tried frozen peaches, and frozen triple berry! Blueberry, Rasberry and strawberry! My girls went gaga over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment