expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, November 18, 2013

DIY Home Design by Sherri

Lindsay and I both call this mama a friend! Meet Sherri, she has 2 sweet lil girls and a great hubby. Sherri's hubby is actually a longtime friend of both of the TCOT hubbies. Gotta love our Small Town Guys!!!
Anyway, Sherri has an awesome eye for design and now we are lucky enough to hear some of the TRICKS OF THE TRADE! YAY!

A few weeks ago a friend of mine that recently moved was asking me about curtains/draperies for her house.  Where do you hang them?  At the window?  At the ceiling? What is the latest rule?  And before we get into it, let me make a confession…I can be cheap budget conscious (although my husband may disagree). At times I have a hard time looking at two things that serve the same purpose and buying the more expensive one, designer or not.  That is kind of like drapes.  The purpose is obviously to provide privacy and obviously more fabric means more $$$.  When we first moved into our house seven years ago I just bought the 84” panels because they were less and called it a day.  Once I realized we were going to have them forever I kind of changed my tune started buying the taller panels; it really does make a difference.  Hanging drapes at ceiling draws your eye up and gives the appearance of a taller ceiling AND another thing that is a MUST even if you just go ahead and buy the shorter panels, you MUST be sure to extend your panels closer to the outside of the window.  Create a larger ‘frame’ on your window.  It will add so much more light into the room and make it appear larger. 




The next time you are looking and switching up your space and decide to buy panels, consider going to the ceiling; the design police aren’t going to show up if you don’t but you may be surprised with the difference. 


     One of my favorite places to get panels is West Elm.  Check them out.  Let me know if there are any design questions on your mind; I am looking forward to getting to know you and sharing a bit about myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment