expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, May 20, 2013

Bounce House

Dear Bouncehouse Mom,

I wish I would have said something when I watched you belittle your son the other day.
I get it.
You were trying to do something nice for him, buying him a ticket for the bounce house
I get it, most kids love that thing.
I get it, he should have had a blast.

But guess what, for whatever reason that day he didn't want to get in and jump.
He wanted to sit on the grass and enjoy his snack while his sister jumped.
He cried and asked to not go in but you wouldnt give him the luxury. You yelled at him, gave him a time out, and then you still physically forced him into the darn thing. I would have spoke up but my son was so caught off guard and uncomfortable by your antics that he wanted to get away from you and the "sad boy".

I get it, parenthood is hard and tiring and sometimes it gets the best of you and you lose your Sh** .
We all get a pass from time to time...but then you have to make things right. Your son looks to you for love and assurance. Not to make him feel like garbage when he wants to sit one out.
As parents, part of our job is to teach and guide our children into making good decisions.and trusting their instincts. For one reason or another, he didn't want to play that day and you humiliated him instead of patting him on the back or giving him a hug.
You took his snack (cheese) away in an effort to break him and get him to give in. When the woman who was running the jumperoo said she couldnt return your money, this seemed to only get you more determined to get your son inside ...and then we wonder why there are so many adults out there in unhealthy relationships...hmm, Maybe it because this is how some mothers treat their kids.

Life is short and children grow so fast. Why not spend your time building them up, hugging them, singing their praises instead of tearing them down.
I was a child welfare case worker before I became a mother so I have seen a lot worse but this has stuck with me the past few days. I wonder how sad that boy must have felt. He had a simple request...NOT to play but to sit out on the grass and watch the other kids. I wonder if things are worse at home when there isnt hundreds of eyes on this mom and her bad behavior. I wonder if he really feels loved and cherished.

 Do me a favor, and give your kids or your nieces or nephews or grandkids an extra hug today or tell them what a good kids they are for this little boy who could have really used one that day outside of the bounce house.

1 comment:

  1. So fun and full of entertainment is what bounce houses could bring to all kids and one of the good sample of that is a click away "bounce houses"

    ReplyDelete