expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Yummo!

Hey Ladies, I've been SOO pumped up lately. I just got back a few weeks ago from an AdvoCare Training in Dallas. Sometimes you need to get out of town and gain a whole new perspective on life! Right?! 
Anyway, today I wanted to share one of my new favorite recipes for on the go eating. It's really not a "new" recipe because I'm sure everyone and their mom has their take on chicken salad, but I love it because it's full of flavor while still tasting light! 

I lb. Chicken Tenderloins, breasts…(You could also do tuna as well)
1/2 avocado (diced)
1/2 cup green pepper (diced)
1/2 cup cucumber (diced)
1-2 cups (at least) celery (diced)
1/8 cup sunflower seed kernels or sliced almonds
1 TBL Hellman's Mayo with Olive Oil
Pepper and Salt to taste

I prepared the chicken on my griddle because it's just easier for me but you can bake the chicken as well. I just used a Mrs. Dash seasoning so it gives the chicken some kick but there is endless possibilities when it comes to seasoning. Another option if I really don't have time is get the marinated chicken breasts at the meat counter and then all I have to do is cook them. 
I cut up all the veggies and what's great is these are the ones I had on hand so you can put red peppers, onions, carrots, or whatever else your little heart desires into a bowl all together. I shred the chicken or cube it and mix in the sunflower seed kernels and mayo and voila!! It's THAT easy.. I took it to work with me yesterday and I had 8 straight hours of massages so I would literally run to the fridge at work and eat a few bites to tide me over. So it's good by it self, on lettuce wraps, bread, or my favorite.. Josephs Pita Bread…Since I feel better when I don't eat bread, this pita bread has only 60 calories, 8 carbs and 6 grams of protein. Compared to a regular tortilla which has around 120 calories, up to 25 carbs and maybe 4-5 grams of protein it saves you unwanted carbs you may not know you're even eating. Josephs Pita Bread is kid friendly too! I make the girls turkey wraps or PB&J and it seems much easier for them to handle. I've only found it at Wal-Mart so far next to the deli but I've also heard it is at Hy-Vee in the Health Market. 
 I love the chicken salad because I can eat it over a couple days depending on my schedule so its perfect for on the go mommas or dads that want something light but good and good for you. My daughters who are 3 and 2 LOVE it! I am blessed with great eaters! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment