expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Prophetstown


Woke up to news that there was a fire in P-town (as my hubs lovingly calls it). After a quick google search, I see that it was a HUGE fire and that sadly, it started at my most favorite restaurant in Prophetown.
(seriously, their cajun potato salad is amazing!) As the story unfolded and I heard about all the damage, I was just sad.
Really sad, actually.
My husband couldn't figure out why I was so affected by a fire in a town that isnt mine. He's right, I didnt grow up there or even spend a considerable amount of time there but I LOVE Prophetstown. I have been with my husband for 10 years. In those 10 years, I have drilled him with questions of growing up on a farm and in a small town. I would fantasize about what a childhood would be like in such a small safe community that you knew everyone (not exaggerating!).
I would try to imagine what it would be like to live in a town without ANY street lights and one mom n pop grocery store. (pretty much the opposite of what I grew up with)

The simplicity of Prophetstown always made it so inviting! The truth is I like going to Ptown to visit my in-laws and seeing his family and friends. I like checking out the arts and craft show they hold there in the summer, and getting Thickstons Popcorn, and waving to random people walking down the street (seriously,everyone waves there!). I like that we run into people he knows everywhere we go!

So Prophetstown, just know the ladies of TCOT of thinking of you!!!
We are sending positive vibes and happy thoughts after this devastating event.

No comments:

Post a Comment