expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Picture of Health -Libby of Advocare


A Picture of Health

So the girls have not been napping lately...Which means no sacred mommy time. That is precious more than I ever expected! I have felt more frustrated with the girls which I hate to say but that little hour break was important for me to relax. Or at least to wash dishes in peace. I’ve always been anxious after my kids were born. I was reading the other day what kind of physiological things happen to a mother when she hears her baby cry. Instantly wanting to make everything ok. That’s me for sure. Do you ever just hear that and tense up instantly?

I’ve been trying to find things that help me relax. Working out is definitely one of them. Releasing that tension and anger sometimes helps. Meditation helps too but when you have 20 minutes do we really lay there?

Last week I took the girls to The Children’s Museum in Normal, IL.. That was soo fun! It was nice to see another museum and what they have to learn about there. It kept the girls busy for hours and afterward we hit up our favorite place. ... T.A.R.G.E.T. Oh yes, that store is quite awesome and could surely spend thousands of dollars on really nothing per visit. Especially with three little girls who also like to shop.

Today I promised them I would buy them some paints. I love all things crafts. All the messy, gooey crafts that are possible.
 
 

Paint, Play Doh, glitter, stickers....love it all.

Of course kids LOVE painting but I had totally forgotten how much I loved it too. It was relaxing and corny to say but Good for My Soul. It’s like just a way of expressing yourself right on paper with your choice of color and stroke. Liv and Bella being 4 and Bre almost 3, it is was enjoyable because they weren’t trying to eat it and were making one picture after another for whoever they could think of. I was one relaxed Momma to say the least and perhaps it helped all paints were washable.

So if you’re ever in the art aisle, grab some paints and get to it. You may just surprise yourself in how sometimes a mess can put you back together.

As for the girls, they say it’s their favorite time is painting with Mom... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment